Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsTimeOut

Co-Owner
Financial Adviser

CreativeFun
Application tips

First off, how to apply.
In order to post an application, first log in to the forums. You must be logged in to post any thread.
Go to the ChatMod Applications forum and read the sticky thread entitled ChatMod Application Template.
Copy the format found there, go back to the ChatMod Applications forum, and click the "Post New Thread" button on the top right.
Paste the format from the ChatMod Application Template thread and fill it in.

What makes a good application?
  • Fill in all questions. Your application will be denied if it is incomplete.

• Though not required, it's helpful if you list previous usernames.

• Fill in the "What would make you a great Creative Fun Moderator?" section with plenty of detail. We are looking at 2 paragraphs minimum.

• Rather than just saying "I like to help people on the server," tell us what it is that you do to help.

• Also make sure your reasons are relevant. For example, being a good builder has nothing to do with being ChatMod, so it won't affect your application. It's also helpful if you try not to ramble or repeat yourself.

• Do not advertise your application! Half the complaints I see on some applications are about the application being advertised. Not doing so is an easy way to avoid that "no" vote.
What can I do to improve my chances?

Report in-game. I cannot stress this enough.

You can report a message in-game by clicking on it in chat, the report will be resolved if it was valid or rejected if the message did not break any of the rules. This is known as your report ratio and you can see the amount of resolved and rejected reports you have by looking on the scoreboard. Generally you want to make sure that you have a high amount of resolved reports and minimal rejected reports. This shows that you have a good understanding of the rules. When we (staff) go to resolve reports, we notice who makes reports and who makes them correctly. This plays a big factor in your candidacy for ChatMod.

Help out in chat. I also cannot stress this enough.
I don't mean "mini-modding," since that is now discouraged, but we do appreciate players helping answer questions about commands and such. This will most likely be the most important thing you can do to improve your chances dramatically along with reporting in game and raising your report ratio! Talking in chat and helping out will help us (staff), notice you!

Be friendly.
You don't have to be a mindless robot to be a staff member.

Have fun.
Chat with players. Include people.

Be active, on both the server and forums.
Applications will be locked after a week off the server or after two weeks off forums. Logic being that, if you're not online, you're not helping or reporting.

Don't get into petty fights.
We don't promote players with a habit of causing trouble. This goes for both the server and forums.

Don't break the rules. Kind of common sense here.
You can't enforce the rules if you won't follow them yourself.

Here's a good example application (don't copy me! I'll know if you do, and copying an application is an immediate denial!)

What is your Minecraft Username?: Nakir - Previous usernames are listed here

What is your discord account tag?:
user#0001

What is your Age?:

What is your TimeZone?: CST (UTC-6)

When did you first join Creative Fun:
May 2013

On average, how often are you online:
Anywhere from 2-7 hours a night 4 days a week, but this is subject to change based on my work and school schedule.

Have you ever been muted or banned? If so, please explain why:
Muted: I have been muted once, as a test. Before the current system was implemented however, I was kicked three times. Twice for accidental caps, and once when another Moderator mistook something I said (I said "freaking people") as something not permitted.
Banned: I was once banned as an accident (RocknMasterRoll accidentally banned me in September 2014).

What would make you a great Creative Fun ChatMod?
(Give detailed reasons)

I believe I would be a great ChatMod because, having been staff before I am very familiar with the rules and know how they should be enforced. I believe in keeping the server harmonious and helping people, and this position would enable me to do so with far greater efficacy than I can do now with simply reporting them. I have been in multiple leadership positions in life, and know how best to apply these talents to the server. Knowing how to deal with many different situations, from an angry player arguing the rules to someone trying to repair their plot after a grief, is very important as a staff member and I feel I am well equipped for these situations.

This server faces many issues of rule breaking and difficulty on a daily basis, and needs a firm hand to deal with these. I have no issue with stepping up to deal with and take care of a difficult situation as need arises, and feel I can do so in a manner that benefits the server as a whole. That being said, I understand that these difficult situations can provoke stress and anger. I will not claim to be immune to these, but I know that I can overcome it and not let my frustration influence my judgement. I strive to be friendly and helpful when dealing with players.

How do you report players on the server?:
Click on the punishable message, then press the green wool to confirm your report.

What is your report ratio?:
12 resolved 2 dismissed

How do you report players on the website?
Open the forums, creativefun.net/forums
Scroll down and click on "Report A User"
Click "Post New Thread"
Type in their username, what they did, and attach screenshots or chat logs as evidence.
Click "Create Thread"

Do you understand if you fail to notify Staff of absences (1 week+) you may be demoted?
Yes I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.